Need federal, state, tribal, local, and international government information? We have it.
Our GovDoc collection is housed at the Zimmerman Library, and the electronic resources are available online to the UNM community.
- Elections Research Guide
- Databases on Government Information
- New Mexico State Government
- Patents and Trademarks ResearchGuide
- Political Science Course Guides
- Tribal Governments
- US Census: information on the U.S. Decennial Census and with further links to additional guides.
- US Congress: essential resources and more focused research guides on the House of Representatives and the Senate.
- US Federal: information about and published by the United States Federal government.
Special Reading Room Collections
The reading room collections are available by appointment only. The collections include:
- Albuquerque South Valley Superfund Site
- Department of Energy (PDF index)
- Department of Energy: Freedom of Information Act
- Environmental Protection Agency: Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) Docket (finding aid)
- General Electric Apparatus Service Shop Site
- Los Alamos Historical Records Project (CDC)
- National Nuclear Safety Administration
Federal Regional Depository Library
Zimmerman Library is the designated Federal Regional Depository Library for New Mexico. Federal government information, regardless of form or format and which is disseminated or distributed by the U.S. Government Printing Office (USGPO) is available to all users of the collection. From 1976 to the present materials received by the USGPO can be searched via Discovery. Per federal law, the collection retains a copy of practically every piece of government information received. Historical government information (pre-1976) can be located using a variety of electronic or tangible finding aids. Contact Monica Dorame Library Services Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org Map